In the present digital era, people are using digital media either on desktop or mobile phones wherein both platforms have a subsequently high number of users. For quick access of web pages’ mobile friendly responsive website is advisable, however mobile phones play a vital role to create a great User Experience (UX).
Mobile-related technologies are gaining popularity worldwide. With the advancement, people’s expectations to spend less and get more things done within no time, without any issues, are getting higher as mobile technology is booming. This makes the significance of UX design for the mobile application even more pivotal.
Understanding the role of UX in mobile application designing: this will bring your idea to life
User Experience is related to what the user feels about the app. So when it comes to designing a mobile application and defining the navigational flow, UX always has a higher priority when compared to UI. The idea of an efficient UX is to earn user trust and gain their confidence by developing a simple yet usable app and leaving the users satisfied.
Creating a UX includes defining the way a product is operated and how it meets the user requirements. A great UX design is always supposed to be clear, comfortable, user-friendly and should work in the direction to turn users into loyal customers.
Essential elements of UX designing
First, know your audience:
User research is essential to work before you start any kind of project to know the following:
- Who are your audience?
- What do they want out of your product?
- How are they expecting the product to be represented to them?
Design and discover product features:
Design and discovery engagement will help to prioritize the product features
- The purpose of the mobile product
- Customer needs
- Business objectives
- Pain points
- How the product will resolve those problems?
This provides the user clues on how they will successfully navigate through the app and by adding visual objects.
- How to place the visual components?
- What could be the maximum benefits in terms of look and feel?
- How a call to action will be implemented?
It’s about selling a brand. So, the company conveys its client’s information about the product through the content as the medium.
- Content is the king; it could be text, image, or video. It should be real content instead of the dummy sort of content.
- The content should be made concise and clear. No user wants to go through a story.
- Font size and line spacing should be considered wisely. If a user needs to zoom in to read the content, it will definitely result in a frustrating user experience.
- Make it AMP (Accelerated Mobile Page) enabled so it’s compatible with any screen size and consumes minimum loading time.
Easy the interface accessibility, it will provide a better user experience. So, it’s advisable to avoid cognitive features in a mobile app interface design. Easy accessibility enhances usability. Here’s what you need to identify about the differences User Interface (UI) and User Experience (UX)
- UX design is all about the overall feel of the experience, while UI design is all about how the product’s interfaces look and function.
- UX design usually comes first in the product development process, followed by UI.
- The UX designer plans out the basic outline of the user journey; the UI designer then fills it in with visual and interactive elements.
- The success of a website or a mobile app depends heavily on its design.
- UX enhances customer satisfaction adding to improved ROI
- UX play a crucial role in knowing the target audience allowing to segment audience which is crucial in understanding what each audience wants
- Attracts users with user-friendly design: this ensure that user spend as much time as possible on the app. Users should be able to understand the designs and navigation well enough to stick around for the long term with the app and this is possible, only when they get a user-friendly app designed.
- A great UI/UX lead to the best brand building: Investing in an efficient UX design helps in increasing customer satisfaction.
- Saves Time and Cost with low maintenance in long run: Understanding the mobile app’s best UI/UX practices from the initial stage will help to have the guarantee that there will be less need for maintenance and updates on the app. And since those two things will be at bay, the challenges after the app launch will also be very low.
Measures to be noted for a simplified UX mobile application designing
- Maintain uniformity
- Provide exceptional loading speed
- Conventional elements: Elements such as icons, buttons, colours, and symbols must be designed in the way they are designed in most applications. The quicker user gets familiar with the app, the higher the chance of the app to be successful.
- Make it as interactive as impossible: it creates a connection and provides users with the freedom to navigate from one window to another, comfortably at ease.
Every UX designing process for mobile apps is unique and project-specific. However, the above steps will help you look at things differently and craft a UX strategy that works best for your mobile app project. Being a leading mobile app Design and Development Company, the UX professionals at Techouts believes in ensuring that all top-notch features and potential of mobile apps come in a simple, user-friendly, and purposeful package. We are committed to turning your idea into a fully functioning, world-class mobile application with the best UX design. Combining the best practices, user insights, and a strategic approach, we’ll design a mobile app that exceeds your users’ expectations.
Bring your idea to life with Techouts’ conceptualized and refined app design and development services. Let’s connect: email@example.com.