One of our customers with e-commerce implementation on Hybris has approached us to handle testing of their Order Management System and Commerce platform from initial phase for their new e-commerce application.
The OMS & Commerce parts of the application needs to Integrate with multiple systems like SAP – CRM and Seller Portal, SAP PI, ERP, LSP and Analytics.Testing needs lot of coordination with multiple teams and should have knowledge of the entire Architecture to understand the issues.
We have suggested below points as part of QA activities
- Created a Test Strategy to follow
- Planned a frequent “Show and Tell” sessions to get the product feedback from customer at early stage
- Ensured that all the Integration Systems are working for every “Show and Tell” sessions
- Included “Unit Testing” and TDD for all the code changes in each Sprint/Release
- Suggested for a round of testing in Dev environment before releasing the code to testing
- Incorporated End to End testing with Real Data before signing off the testing on SIT Environment to avoid any issues in UAT or Pre-Prod environments
- Improved the test coverage by implementing reviews from Developers and QA Leads
- Used JIRA for all the issue and user stories tracking, so that the communication between various teams is effective
We have done below as part of QC activities:
- Prepared the Test Plan for each Sprint and Release
- Divided our Quality team into two: Functional & Regression; Functional team would validate all the new features for the Sprint manually, while regression team used to ensure the automation scripts are up to date with new Sprint features automated as soon as they are stable
- As part of Regression we have done performance testing by working closely with development team to form a performance engineering team for meeting the customer performance requirements
- During regression testing we have done Web Application security (OWASP) and uncovered major vulnerabilities in the application to make it more secure
- We have used SOAP UI for testing all the web services before starting the Integration with other systems
- Also, tested the Fall-back mechanism for OMS using Clustering concept to ensure 24X7 availability of the OMS system
E2E Ecommerce Testing
- We were able to provide precise insights to the business on the issues and helped in providing the resolution quickly
- We have also provided post deployment support to the customer to ensure there is no impact on business due to adoption of new enhancements
- Performed UI & Usability testing to ensure the application compatibility across different browsers and devices
- Regression Testing: Techouts Automation Tool built on Selenium using Hybrid Framework
- SOAP UI: In order to perform both SOAP & REST services testing
- JMeter: Used for performance testing of web application and APIs
- JIRA: Used for defect reporting
- Zephyr: Used for Test Management
- OWASP ZAP: Used for web application security testing
- Jbehave: To Automate functional cases in order to Support Continues Integration
Results / Benefits
With clear segregation of roles in using application, entire process of authoring, sharing, delivering reports has been streamlined. Both OLAP repository and BIRT repository are integrated to AD (active directory) directory services and currently serving as one stop enterprise report repository.
Techouts is a global IT services and product company, providing business technology services and solutions on platforms like SAP, Open-source, Microsoft, Mobility and Cloud. As a partner of leading product companies such as SAP and Adobe, we focus on the areas like Enterprise Commerce, Big Data, Analytics and Customer Engagement Commerce. Our consultants bring real world experience and domain expertise to help achieve transformation around global outsourcing, IT cost optimization, complex package integration and risk management.