Techouts Test Management and Test Automation Services helped a leading Travel & tourism company Reduce Test Cycle Time and Achieve Timely Delivery
This case study focuses on various test scenarios executed for a largest travel & tourism company. A detailed architecture in the below section depicts the complexity of systems and a combination of manual and automation testing leveraged to determine and certify the system. Our approach was a hybrid QA approach and made sure the marketplace portal is ready for market and ultimately certifying if the data flow between systems is seamless.
Our client is one of the longest established travel companies having presence in UK, India, United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Netherlands, United Arab Emirates, Japan, Singapore, Australia and New Zealand.
Test cases feature
Payments & Finance, Booking, Inventory, Operations, Supplier Management portal and User management.
Key Business Challenges
Client has envisioned the next level of travel booking experience for all its end customers such as Agents, Portal customers, B2B, B2C, B2E, API clients etc. by building a high quality, high performance, very robust system to fulfil the need at every business vertical. The project Travelogixx 2.0 is the next-generation travel and booking platform envisioned by the client. This platform has various systems that come together to provide the customer or end user with unparalleled booking and travel planning convenience.
The platform is made up of several moving parts, each handling a separate business process. The main business entities are listed below.
- Booking Engine
- BRMS [Commercials, Offers, DTMS, Tax Engine]
- Supplier Extranet [Private DB, Logistics & Cargos]
- Supplier Integration
Travelogixx 2.0 covers following product & service flavours: Air [Flights], Accommodation [Hotels], Holidays, Packages, Activities, Cruise, Visa, Forex, Transfer, Rail, My Account etc.
It is multi-vendor development of the different modules and components. The biggest challenge for the client was to perform the end to end UAT testing, API testing, performance and automation testing to ensure the desired product quality is met. Techouts has helped the client to achieve all type of testing by integrating module wise SMEs [subject matter experts] and produce the transparent reports for each product and components.
Being one of the largest companies in the travel and tourism industry, client had multiple systems right from complex server setup to advance digital, content management and consumer targeting systems. And varied users like partners, agents, Technology vendors, employees and system administrator for each of the systems.
- Using SOAP UI – API testing between CORE and ESB, B2B and CORE have performed
- A process approach has been followed in defect reporting and management; REDMINE was leveraged
- For regression testing cases and automation – Selenium web driver was major tool
- We have tested top 10 OWASAP security standards using ZAP
- Sanity Testing
- Regression Testing
- Functional Testing
- Supplier Acceptance Testing
- System Integration Testing
- User Acceptance Testing (End to End)
- Mobile Application Testing
- Compatibility Testing
- Security Testing
- Automation Testing
- QA Staff augmentation
Digital and consumer experience leading technologies that Techouts have worked and certified
we have worked on one of the leading MarTech system available in the market with advance features such as web analytics, promotional and sales campaign automation, advanced drag and drop based CMS, personalizing web content based on user profile and previous browsing history
- API stack include – Oracle API Gateway and Oracle API Manager
- And all these systems are hosted in AWS and MS Azure cloud
- Client had product list and multiple users for each product and categories. Like Flight booking, Accommodation, Cruise, Holiday packages, Car rental, Tour buses booking, foreign exchange, money transfers, forex and railway bookings suppliers.
- We have collaborated with each team and understood their entire end-to-end process and determined process approach, which in stream helped our client to measure the performance of systems
- Consumer dropout percentage was drastically reduced and suppliers were at easy while publishing their packages within the B2B portal
- 30% reduction in overall testing efforts
- 85% manual test cases were automated with Selenium integration
- Automated all API test cases through SoapUI by using Groovy Scripting
- Helped client on performance certified system through JMeter
- Deployed resources at client place to ensure fast and quality delivery
Techouts is a global business technology solution provider, helping organizations adapt to the latest technologies. The Centre of Excellence for Quality Engineering at Techouts helps new age enterprises implement next generation testing using strategic and result oriented SMART QA practices. We have a deep expertise of cost eﬀective quality frameworks to meet the QA needs of our clients.