Accelerated Mobile Pages, a Google-backed project designed as an open standard for any publisher to have web pages load quickly on mobile devices. It also provide web developers a straight forward option to create web pages on varied platforms.
What is AMP?
AMP is an open source library that provides a straightforward way to create web pages that are compelling, smooth and load near instantaneously for users.
AMP is built with three core components,
- AMP HTML – It is a standard HTML with web components
- AMP JS – This manages the resource loading
- AMP Cache – This serves and validates AMP pages; Google’s AMP Cache, stores the AMP pages and delivers quickly which results in fast rendering experience
- We have successfully implemented AMP for one of our clients, converted their mobile/responsive home page which further yielded impressive results for our client
- When a user access the web application from a mobile device, AMP acts and loads the pages instantly from Google’s cache, resulting in exceptional experience to the user
- Publishers and advertisers can decide the best way to present the content, all while maintaining and improving key performance indicators